The RG Rental Manager
If you are a Property Rental Agent, and you don't already have a website, or you're not happy with your existing website, read on. Being someone who has personal experience in looking for properties to rent on the internet, I have decided that I know exactly what every person is looking for when they are searching the internet for their new home - this is how we started the RG Rental Manager.
With the help of one of the top, private rental agents in the Western Cape, we have created a fully featured, customizable rental manager web based package, allowing rental agents to have access to a very affordable and, most of all, easy to use system to show their portfolio on their very own website.
The RG Rental Manager is a feature rich rental managing package. Here is a list of some of the features included:
A custom designed website
As part of the setup fee, we design you your very own website from scratch, with your specifactions to how you want it to look, so you get a unique website, with your own branding - not just another generic website.
The RG Rental Manager allows you to customize your website yourself even further. With the very easy to use administration panel, where you can log in at any time with your username and password, you can do the following customizations:
1. Create a list of suburbs - here you can specify all the suburbs that you cover, be it just one, or 20 - you can also, at any time, add a new suburb, should you get a property to rent in a new area.
2. Specify Property Types - you can add as many different property types (like House, Flat, Townhouse, Farm, Office, etc.) to your website as you want - and when adding a new property, you can select all the property types that apply to the specific property.
With the RG Rental Manager, you can manage your whole portfolio of property rentals right there on your own website. The package allows for an unlimited amount of Properties to be added, each consisting out of the following information:
- A name for the property
- In which suburb it is (choose from the list you create yourself)
- A full description, which allows you to format the text any way you want to (for example: created bulleted lists, insert tables, headings, paragraphs, make text bold, italic, underlined, and more!)
- How many bedrooms, bathrooms and garages (the three most important things people look for when searching for property rentals online)
- Specify whether it has a pool, garden, and is it pet friendly?
- Specify the date from which the property will become available
- Enter the Monthly Rental amount, as well as the Deposit amount
- Specify what type of property it is - like house or townhouse - you can select all that apply (from the list you create yourself)
- And last but not least, add as many photos for the property as you want!
There are several ways available for your visitors to search for properties on your website - after all, you'd ideally want them to find what they're looking for, as quickly and effortlessly as possible!
This optional method of searching is ideal for your visitors to quickly browse your property portfolio on your website. It is split up in 4 sub sections:
By Area - allows your visitors to look for properties in one of the suburbs you cover (automatically generated from the list you create yourself)
By Type of Property - helps your visitors narrow down their search to the type of property they want (for example, single guys looking for a bachelors flat...)
By Monthly Rental - for your visitors with a specific budget - this section cleverly shows only the price range between your cheapest, and most expensive properties loaded, either in R500 increments, or if that will turn out to be too much, in R1000 (all done automatically!)
By Bedrooms - allows your visitors to quickly search for properties with only a certain amount of bedrooms or more
This quick search feature can easily be disabled if you do not wish to have it on your website (for example, if you only have, say, 10 properties, then the quick search feature might be a bit much!)
View all Properties
Clicking this link will immediately show all of your loaded properties (best for rental agents with a smaller portfolio...)
Detailed "Find a Property"
For those visitors looking for an exact property, can use the detailed search feature to specify the following search criteria:
- In which suburb
- Price range
- How many bedrooms
- How many bathrooms
- How many garages
- Is pet friendly?
- and Available From
This will narrow down the results to only show your visitor exactly the properties they might be interested in. As with the Quick Search feature, this feature can also be disabled if you want (once again for those with only a limited portfolio size...)
Whenever viewing search results, the list of properties matching the search criteria, up to 3 filters can be applied (a filter, for example, will only show certain properties, for example only properties with 3 or more bedrooms, etc.)
The three filters are:
This will quickly allow your visitor to only show certain properties, for example, properties with at least 3 bedrooms, at least 2 bathrooms, and at least 2 garages. Any of the 3 filters can be used, in any combination, and only the properties that are relevant, will remain in the search results.
Your visitors also has the option of sorting the results by price, either from low to high, or from high to low. Very easy.
As with the quick and detailed search features, the sorting and filtering feature can also be disabled if you do not need it.
Whenever viewing search results, the following basic information for each property is shown in the list:
- Property Name
- Monthly Rental
- Reference Number (automatically generated by the site, you can specify the prefix for the number)
- Available from date
- How many bedrooms, bathrooms and garages
- Yes/no for garden, pet friendly and pool
- A small slideshow of all the pictures you have loaded for the property (only the thumbnails, which are automatically generated when you add the property, show in the slideshow)
When viewing the search results list, the Area/Suburb is clickable, immediately taking you to the list of properties only in that area/suburb, as well as the property type, showing only properties that are the same type.
To view the details for the property is as simple as click a big "View Details" button, which takes your visitor to the page that shows the full details for the property.
Viewing the Property
When your visitor clicked on the "view details" button, they get to see the whole property in all its glory! It shows all of the information you loaded for the property, and allows the visitor to quickly send you an enquiry for the specific property. If he/she doesn't want to fill out the form (which fields you can modify to your exact liking, by the way), your name and contact number is also shown right there, so they can quickly give you a call to book their new home!
A regular website TOO
That's right, your website isn't just a property website, you can create as many regular pages for it as well. The RG Rental Manager is based on the full RGCMS (minus the photo galleries feature), so you can have a regular website on top of your properties section. You can create, for example, an "About us" page, a detailed contact page, and even a page where people can submit maintenance requests. Do you maybe want to put info regarding the relevant Acts on the site? Sure thing, whatever you want!
Ok, so how much does the AMAZING RG Rental Manager cost?
We charge a one time setup fee of R1200 (which includes you custom designed website template), and after that R250 per month, for as long as you want to use the RG Rental Manager.
What does the monthly fee include:
- Free email support - whenever you get stuck, feel free to send an email, and we'll help you
- Hosting - we host the site for you (if you already have hosting elsewhere, you'll have to move over to us) - we give you 200MB server space (lots of properties!), and 1000MB bandwidth per month (for all the visitors you're going to get!), and up to 15 email addresses on your website address, for example, if your site's address is www.myawesomerentals.co.za, you can have up to 15 firstname.lastname@example.org type email addresses - these you can easily setup in Outlook, or even your phone if you want.
- Free updates - whenever we add new features, we'll let you know about it, and you can let us know if you're interested in them, and we'll get the implemented on your site.
How can you pay?
Since it is a monthly fee, we accept either a monthly debit order (which you can easily setup with your bank), or a you can do a credit card payment, which will Soautomatically do the transaction on your credit card every month.
So, if you're a rental agent, in search of an affordable, and most of all, EASY TO USE website for your portfolio, look no further.
Features of the CMS:
- Extremely user-friendly
- Manage your own website, saving maintenance costs
- Add as many pages as you want
- Photo Gallery feature
- Form Builder
- Various tutorials showing you how to work with the CMS
- All pages have the same template look and feel
Features of the CMS Lite:
- Works exactly like the regular CMS
- For businesses with a smaller budget, but still in need of a Content Management System website
- Up to 6 pages (homepage + 5 regular pages)
- Only 1 Photo Gallery
- Only 2 Form builder forms
Features of a Static Website:
- For businesses on a very tight budget
- Simple design, with between 3 and 10 pages
- Cannot make changes to the website (these are sent through to us to do)
- Each page design can be unique (have a completely different look and feel to the other pages)